Fri, Nov 01|
The View of DC
Legends In The Sky Weekend
The ROLL of a lifetime, high above Washington DC, we promise the entire weekend is designed to become legendary. Gala tickets must be purchased by MONDAY, SEPT 30th. Ticket includes Sunset Welcome Party, Gala, SHUTTLE ONLY service on Saturday to Capital Skate Fest (capitalskatefest.com) and more.
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2019, 5:30 PM – Nov 03, 2019, 4:00 PM
The View of DC, 1201 Wilson Blvd #214, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
WEEKEND SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
FRIDAY, NOV 1
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM: The Sunset Welcome Party & Live Concert on 31st & 32nd Floor
(after the welcome party, enjoy dinner or return to hotel to get ready for the Legends In The Sky)
10PM - 1AM: Legends In The Sky - Heels, Hats & Wheels Skating Affair @ The View of DC
(Please be sure to clean wheels and add dance plugs to your plates prior to entry. Skates will be checked before entering the elevators to the 31st floor!)
SATURDAY, NOV 2
Explore Georgetown - you want to stay close to the hotels in Rosslyn so that you don't miss the Party Bus to the
Capital Skate Fest @ The DC Armory.
****The DC Armory event is hosted by the Office of the Mayor and is not included or a part of this ticket price.****
3:00 PM: Party Buses will depart The Hyatt Centric for the DC Armory -- The Epic Tail Gate Skate Celebration
4:30 PM - 7PM: Public All Ages Skate Session @ The DC Armory
7:00 PM - MIDNIGHT: ADULT NIGHT CELEBRATION @ The DC Armory
SUNDAY, NOV 3
9:30 AM - Depart hotel for Smithsonian Brunch & Explore Experience @
THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY & CULTURE
**If you are flying home on Sunday, Nov 3 - we recommend a flight departure after 4/5PM**
SMITHSONIAN: Planning your Visit
- Prepare for your visit by reading our Frequently Asked Questions and reviewing the museum floor plans.
- Be aware of The Museum Shop and Sweet Home Café closing times, and the Smithsonian Institution Photography Policy.
- It is difficult to keep a large group together for the entire visit. Groups of 20 or more should consider splitting into smaller groups so that everyone can enjoy his or her time in the museum.
- Prepare to stand for long periods of time and to walk through the museum’s exhibitions. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Travel lightly. There are a limited number of lockers. Bring a quarter to use a locker; once finished, the quarter is refunded to you.
- Download the NMAAHC mobile app, and share your visit on social media @NMAAHC, a complement to your on-site museum experience.
- Plan for your departure. Lyft, Uber, Taxi and Metro train services are available to DCA/Regan airport JUST 3 MILES AWAY!
Legends Event Weekend
Ticket price includes Friday FRIDAY 11/1: Sunset Welcome Party experience, hosted by Celebrity Cruises at The View of DC from 5:30 - 7:30 PM and the Legends in the Sky Gala from 10 PM - 1 AM SATURDAY 11/2: Roundtrip shuttle bus transportation from HYATT CENTRIC to DC Armory SUNDAY 11/3: The first 200 Legends attendees will be admitted into the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture on Sunday with other VIP offerings all weekend.
Car & Driver - OPTIONAL
SKIP IT - No car rental, no meters, no parking fees. Savings and peace of mind! Just take out your phone and request a ride to where you'd like to go! A VIP code will be sent to your phone as confirmation that you can use as soon as you land at DCA Regan Airport from Friday - Sunday. The code is valid for locations within 5 miles of the host hotel. (This LYFT CODE is NOT VAILD from host hotel to DC ARMORY).